Professional Live Tournament Players
The best poker players in the world tend to focus on live poker tournaments, as live tournaments have the largest player fields and biggest prize pools in the world. Tournament poker pros can always be found playing World Series Of Poker, World Poker Tour, and European Poker Tour events, simply because those tournaments offer them the best chance at a huge score.
This page links to biographies of all the best live tournament poker players. Each page discusses how the pro got involved in poker, and lists their biggest career wins. Also, many of the professionals on this page play online poker as well, and we have listed their screen names at each poker site:
Live Poker Tournament Pros
Here are some of the best live poker tournament players who are on television every night:
- Annie Duke - Widely considered the best female poker professional in the world.
- Chris Moneymaker - 2003 WSOP Main Event winner who qualified via an online satellite.
- Daniel Negreanu - Professional player with over $10,000,000 in career winnings.
- Jamie Gold - Won the WSOP Main Event in 2006 among heavy controversy.
- Joe Hachem - Won the 2005 Main Event, and also went deep in the 2006 Main Event.
- Johnny Chan - Won back to back WSOP Main Event titles in 1987 and 1988.
- Johnny Moss - Won the first two World Series of Poker Main Events.
- Mike Sexton - Tournament poker pro and World Poker Tour commentator.
- Patrik Antonius - Both an online and live poker force, also plays high stakes cash games.
- Phil Hellmuth - Fiery poker pro who was previously the youngest Main Event winner.
- Phil Ivey - Widely considered the best poker player in the world, online or live.
- Scotty Nguyen - Has enjoyed success at the WSOP, likes to have a few drinks at the table.
- Stu Ungar - Claimed to be the best Gin player, rumored to have won $30 million in his career.
Make sure to check back often, as we will be adding further live tournament player biographies soon.