Heads Up Poker Strategy Guide
Heads up poker is the ultimate mano y mano challenge in the poker world. Almost all heads up games occur at online poker sites, because live poker rooms have too much overhead (dealers, table space, etc) to offer heads up tables. If you wish to start playing heads up poker, make sure to read the articles below before you hit the tables. Heads up poker strategy is very different from normal poker strategy, so by reading the heads up poker articles below, you can have a big edge on your competition:
Heads Up Poker Articles:
Here are all of our strategy articles for heads up players:
- Top 10 Heads Up Poker Tips - Read our top ten tips for crushing heads up opponents.
- Changing Up Your Game in Heads Up Poker - Learn how to keep your opponents off balance.
- Playing Heads Up Against a Maniac - Learn how to combat a loose-aggressive player heads up.
- Playing Heads Up Against a Passive Player - Crush passive players in heads up tournaments.
- Heads Up Poker Tournaments - Heads up tournaments are a new form of online tournaments.
- Heads Up vs. Nine Handed Poker - Learn the differences between heads up and regular poker.
Heads Up Aggressiveness
When it comes to heads up poker, aggressiveness is key. Since there are only two players in each hand, the likelihood that your opponent has anything worth betting is very low. Make a lot of bets on the flop to steal pots, and you will pad your stack. Then, when your opponent finally makes a stand, he/she will have too few chips to really put a dent in your stack. The articles above will explain how to do just that, and dominate the heads up poker tables.
Avoiding Tilt at the Heads Up Tables
Heads up poker can get a lot more personal than normal nine-handed poker, simply because you are playing against the same opponent every single hand. Some heads up players like to talk a lot of trash to get in their opponent's head, and this is a tactic that can work really well against a player who lacks self control. If you take a bad beat or two and your opponent starts talking trash, make sure to keep a level head and get him next hand.
Now that you know more about playing heads up, make sure to take your strategy to the tables at FullTiltPoker.com. Full Tilt offers more heads up poker tables than any other poker site, including No Limit Hold'em, Omaha, and Razz heads up tables.
Full Tilt Poker accepts all players (including Americans) and also accepts credit card and eCheck deposits. If you do sign up to use your new heads up strategy, feel free to use referral code PSITEORG to receive an exclusive 100% up to $600 bonus on your first deposit.
$600 Bonus at Full Tilt Poker with Referral Code: PSITEORG
More Poker Resources:
- View our toplist of the best Five Card Draw Poker Sites.